The University of Graz, in cooperation with the Association for the Study of Nationalities (ASN), is pleased to announce the joint conference, "Nationalism in Times of Uncertainty" which will be held from 4 to 6 July, 2018 in Graz, Austria. The conference will be organized by the Centre for Southeast European Studies of the University of Graz
The conference invites a broad range of papers and panels devoted to questions of nationalism, ethnicity, national identity and other related topics, with a focus on the Balkans, as well as Central Europe, Russia, Ukraine, Eurasia, comparative and theoretical contributions.
As an interdisciplinary event, it welcomes contributions from political science, history, anthropology, sociology, sociology, law, economics, geography, cultural studies, literature, psychology, and related fields.
We particularly welcome panels and papers reflecting on the question of uncertainty and ruptures, including on
• The Impact of Populism and the Crisis of Democracy
• The Centenary of the End of World War One and the emergence of new states
• Breakdown of the post-WW I order in the Middle East
• The Aftermath of the Russian Revolution
• Muslim Nationalism in a transnational context
• Migration and Nationalist Responses
• Transnational dynamics of nationalism
Zentrum für Südosteuropastudien
8010 Graz, Austria